Sandwich Generation: Is it still possible to be rich?
Wealthdojo: Is it still possible to be rich?
Singapore residents in the sandwich generation hoping to retire by 65 face will face a rude shock: Either continue working after hitting retirement age or delay retirement even further. Is it still possible to become rich?
(Source: The Straits Times: Singapore residents expect to continue working after hitting retirement age: Sept 25, 2018)
Will you still be working after retirement or will you be rich?
These are the top reasons why the sandwich generation feel that it is challenging to become rich:
1) Their incomes are “not here and not there”. Salaries have been stagnating over the years and the increment seems insignificant to the increase in property prices and COE prices
2) Things are becoming more and more expensive. In the Budget 2019, GST is already set to increase by 7% to 9% between 2021 and 2025.
3) Parents depending on them as a source of their retirement,
However, the MOST IMPORTANT REASON why Sandwich Generation will have a challenging time becoming rich is that they:
Simply don't believe it is possible anymore
When you don’t believe it is possible anymore, you are effectively leaving being rich to chance. As a result, most sandwich generation individuals and family I met either don’t have an idea what retirement will be like and how much they need. Even if they do, they are not sure whether it is enough.
We would like to like to extend this rare opportunity to take your own retirement and being rich into your own hands.
We will be going through in Weathdojo Series #4
1) Your RDSL (Retirement Destination Shopping List)
“If you don’t know where you are going, you might not like where you end up.” Instead of leaving being rich by chance, we would like you to discover your RDSL and aim for it.
2) Discovering why BUDGETING is USELESS and UNREALISTIC
Budgetting has been the bible for financial freedom since the 1970. However, this age old advice has long been outdated. We will like you to understand how to use ATM approach of planning.
3) Understand how successful people STAY RICH by using the InPORT to give them a peace of mind during crisis
We want to create for you the InPort Strategy that successful people use to stay rich and ensure they will still be able to live the life they want.
Want to find out be free from sandwich generation?
Register now. We run this program once a year. Book your seats to avoid disappointment.